I suggest you ...

Add support to "keep local" onto an external drive or SD card.

I'm using a 32GB tablet with Windows 8.1 and I don't like being limited to my internal drive to "pin" music to. I have a 32gb micro SD card in there and it would be amazing to store some of the data from music that I keep local on there.

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FoxMulder shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Adminoutcoldplayer support (Admin, outcoldplayer) responded  · 

Implemented in outcoldplayer v4.
    We uploaded it to Windows Store, it should be available in next couple days starting from 11/08/2014.

To enable it:
    a) Move your Music Library folder to place where you want to keep outcoldplayer cache.
    b) In outcoldplayer App Settings switch to Music Library https://twitter.com/outcoldplayer/status/531151367512264704
    Player will move current cache to Music Folder.

Enjoy.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • radiometric commented  · 

Would it be easier to implement pinning to the OneDrive folder? Because it's easy enough to have OneDrive be on the SD card. I know this is more complicated, but MS maybe made OneDrive accessible to Modern apps to encourage its use?

• IT Nerd commented  · 

This is an essential feature to implement. Could possibly try and give option to save to music library which can now be moved to sd card in 8.1.

• ZKentSpain85 commented  · 

That would be fantastic if it could be done! Also, another possibility, is to be able to mount the SD card as and be able to select a local folder for the data or something like that! Thank you very much for a great product! :D I use it every day.

• ZKentSpain85 commented  · 

I would certainly love to have this feature. I am on the surface pro and this device has very limited space but with the SD card place I can easy have a lot more space. I don't know. Is this possible to achieve? Thanks. Kind regards.

• y commented  · 

Would be great, although I imagine this would be difficult for you to do

Feedback and Knowledge Base