I suggest you ...

Make snapped view's currently selected menu UI stay persistent

In new outcoldplayer version, the various new menu UIs at the bottom of the snapped view is great, but unfortunately any action you take makes the menu revert to the default play/pause UI. For example, if you've set it to display the song rating, when you tap a star to set a rating, the bottom UI then automatically swaps back to the play/pause UI. It would be much more useful for the bottom menu to stay "pinned" to whatever you selected. This would make it much easier to run through a playlist to rate a bunch of songs en masse, for example.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I guess the main point I want to make is that the snapped view is probably the most critical user experience in your entire app. Most people are going to want to work with the snapped view most of the time, so they can have their main app they're working with on the majority of their screen (especially all the Surface users). So the snapped view needs to support the most common/frequent user actions conveniently without any extra taps/slides required.

• Anonymous commented  · 

If you're going to stay with the new bottom menu UI approach to the snapped view, then one thing you could do to make it more convenient is to enable a finger-slide action to switch between the four different bottom menus. On a Surface (Pro 2), it's a very precise finger tap at the inconvenient bottom-inside portion of the UI to swap among the menus.

• Anonymous commented  · 

And one more thought: Honestly, the snapped navigation controls need a rethink. The current controls aren't convenient for typical user workflow. The actions you want to perform nearly ALL THE TIME are: play/pause, skip to next, and rate a song. All three of these PRIMARY and MOST COMMON user actions should be available directly from the displayed playlist in snapped view. Honestly, I liked the old snapped view MUCH better than this new one.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Another example: say you've set the bottom UI menu of the snapped view to show the replay/back/forward/shuffle controls so that you could step through a playlist without listening to every song completely. The moment you skip to the next song, the bottom UI menu automatically reverts to the pause control. Now it takes another two taps to get back to the menu that lets you skip to the next song.

Feedback and Knowledge Base