I suggest you ...

Open the source

If you guys are really set on getting out of business, please open the source of outcoldplayer. Maybe the community can do something, maybe part of it can be reused to make a player for a different service and maybe it can at least be used by curious people trying to learn stuff.

If you don't want to see it being used for commercial purposes or to make a closed-source app, just put it with a copyleft license.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mateus Medeiros shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kyli Rouge (Supuhstar) commented  · 

Outcold support, are you saying that Google contacted you and demanded you take this down? If not, releasing the source code to the public is prudent, as anything people do with it is completely not your fault.

• Nicholas Orlando commented  · 

Please do this! Open source the application and I (and I'm sure many other devs) would gladly pick it up!

• Adminoutcoldplayer support (Admin, outcoldplayer) commented  · 

This is definitely a good suggestion. We considered it, but because of cases like that https://github.com/venomous0x/WhatsAPI I'm not going to do that.

If any indie developer is interesting to take a look on sources and make something useful from it - we should talk.

If somebody want to make his own Google Music player by just fixing authentication issue in outcoldplayer and changing the brand - I will be glad to help. We can come out to agreement like paying % from sales in X years. If somebody want to take it, fix it, open sourced it under his name and make it free in Windows Store - I'm also good with this.

• Mateus Medeiros commented  · 

(Of course, if you guys can sell it, it would be great. But if that don't work, then why not)

Feedback and Knowledge Base